Wrapping up 2022

  2022 was a year!  Here are a few of the client quilts completed in 2022.  Lots of custom work, lots more edge to edge digital finishes.


During 2022, I longarmed 110 client quilts, 6 donation quilts for the London Modern Quilt Guild, and 12 of my own quilts.  My Bernina Q24 recorded almost 12.5 million stitches during the year.

I had surgery in August for a knee replacement, and am recovering very well from that.  My Physiotherapist, Adam from Komoka Physiotherapy & Wellness, was a fantastic coach and looked after me very well throughout my recovery.  

And my Bernina Q24 performed very well, until it didn't.  And then it was 40 very painful days until it was back stitching.  My dealer came out four days in a row to try to get it running, and determined it needed to go to Bernina Canada for their expertise.  I wish I could tell you what they fixed, however I have yet to receive any details on what they actually did to get it going again.  A very vague "we made adjustments" was all the information provided.  But, it is working, and stitching beautifully again, I'll take that win.

Below is a small sampling of the beautiful quilts that I worked on throughout the year.  I love that I get to work on quilts from brand new quilters to seasoned quilters!  It is such an honour to be trusted with finishing each quilt.  This is an amazing niche to work in, where I get to meet the most amazing people.  

When a quilt comes to me, it has been through the stages of selecting the pattern and fabric, sometimes for special occasions or celebrations of life events.  All the work of cutting and piecing has been completed.  My task is to find a finishing design that works with the style and fabrics of the quilt, and within the quilter's budget.  Sometimes the quilts just speak to me, with small hints of stitching designs that will make the quilt sing.  Sometimes the quilters have already picked the quilting designs they want.  Picking thread and batting also play a big part in the success of the finished quilt.

Hanging the quilt for its glamour photos is a wonderful stage - seeing the texture of the quilting play with the fabric and designs of the quilt. Every time I hang a finished quilt, I breathe in the joy and story of that quilt!
Sheila's Reconciliation II quilt - finished with "Beloved" digital design.
This is a quilt for the Tania's first grandbaby, with delightful alligators stitched to help feature the alligator print.
A fun explosion of colour!  Susan's quilt was finished with "Dogwood" edge to edge design.
Jan's Winter Wonderland - a collaboration between the friend who embroidered the middle blocks, Jan's outer blocks and my custom quilting.

Shirley and her friend teamed up to create this Chandelier quilt, a memory quilt made and quilted with the digital design, "Time Warp".
Sue's Autumn quilt finished with an edge to edge, "Maureen's Blossoms"
Pam's Solstice quilt, finished with the digital design, "Cornerstone".
A fantastic collaboration with Maddison to create this quilt for her parents, called "Elements", finished with the digital design, "Sychronicity".
Another collaboration with Maddison, this quilt where she picked the fabrics, design and digital quilting pattern, "Funky Daisies".
tropical wedding quilt for Karen's daughter's friend, custom quilted.
Gillian's bargello wall hanging, custom quilted.
Denise's first quilt, finished with "Pop Art" edge to edge.
Denise's Forest Friends, finished with the digital design, "Birchwood".
Brianna's Caramel Burgoyne Surrounded quilt, finished with "Bread Basket" digital design.
Chantal's "Crimson Poppy", a Quiltworx design, in Kaffe Fasset fabrics.  Custom quilted.
Cindy's amazing HST quilt, stitched with "Music" edge to edge design.
Sylvia's Black & White with Blue strippy quilt, finished with "Weaving Illusions" digital edge to edge.
Linda's Fantastic Circle, custom quilted.
Cinthia's "Oh Happy Day", the second quilt in the same pattern, colours and stitching designs.  Custom quilted.
Michaelanne's Deco quilt, custom quilted.
Sylvia's Crumb quilt, finished with "Basketweave" digital design.
Sheila's "Do Si Do" quilt, finished with "Paradoxical" digital design.