Hinterland Songbook

This is such a joyful quilt!  A young family member contacted me and asked if she could commission a quilt. She truly understands the work and love that goes into the creation of our pieces and of course I am delighted she asked!
The first option was to select a quilt pattern/design, and I presented some of my favourites; she had a strong liking for this design.  I've made this one before, with a few personal tweaks to the design (Shibori Grellow Hinterland).
She went on a digital hunt for possible fabrics, and found this line by Moda, "Songbook" by Fancy That Design House.  I scoured the interwebs for a Canadian source of this line, and Mad About Patchwork, one of my favourite online stores, carried it!  I've been able to visit the store a few years ago when I was travelling and they have a great selection of fabrics!  Placed my order and it arrived very promptly.  There may have been a few other beautiful fabrics in the package.
Her design decision for the Digital quilting was a fast one too, selecting "Funky Daisies".

The backing is a Studio E Peppered Shot Cotton in Blue Jay.
Labelled and bound, the quilt was given its inaugural wash & dry and in the photo above, the beautiful crinkly quilty texture is evident.  Below, the photo shows the washed front and back.
Here is the image for the Funky Daisy digital design.
The thread is Hab 'n Dash Glide "Lemon Ice".  Batting is Arctic's 50% cotton / 50% bamboo blend.  The digital stitch count for the quilting is 171,240 for this 78" x 87" quilt.
This is the photo of the quilt just after she received it ... kitty approved!
What a wonderful way to start 2022!