Client Quilt - Winter Wonderland

I've seen these quilts a few times in my wanderings through quilt stores and always adore them! This one, I got to quilt!
The central portions are all hand-embroidered.  This quilt was a collaboration by the quilter and her friend who did the embroidery.
The outer quilted blocks are a playful arrangement that could almost be snowflakes dancing around the quilt.
Light ruler work in the outer blocks and background fill around the embroidery were stitched.  The outer border has a single beadboard and the inner sashing has a double beadboard stitched.
Lots of windy swirls and snow drifts were stitched.
The one section of just words was treated simply with stitched curves, right over the embroidery.  I have a cup foot on my longarm so the embroidery threads don't get caught while stitching.
The red stitching between the embroidery areas were stitched on my domestic machine after the quilting was completed.

 The back was a bright red print. 

Stitching for the majority of the quilt was with Hab 'n Dash Glide White, and in the borders, Glide Wildflower.
Hobbs Bleached 80/20 batting added nice definition to the stitching.  My Bernina Q24 recorded 168,000+ stitches.