Client Quilt - Alligators

Some quilts just make you smile all day long!
This fun client quilt is filled with alligators with personality.
This is the client's first quilt!  I'm so glad her quilting mentor suggested having this longarmed and she found me.
I adore working with new clients, getting to know them and their artistry in cutting up cloth and putting it back together.  This one is for her grandson's first big bed and he loves alligators.
The backing really shows the digital design well.  This is "Wally", a design by Patricia Ritter and available from Urban Elementz. 
 I sized the alligators just over 7" high, a little less than the main block size.  This ensures that the design falls more randomly across the quilt blocks.  I also flipped the alternating row direction, to have alligators going both right to left and left to right.  The fun things you can do with digital designs!

The thread is Hab 'n Dash Glide "Sea Foam", a great match for the greens in the quilt and the theme of the quilt!

My Bernina Q24 recorded 75,196 stitches in this twin size quilt.  The smile of the maker when she came to pick up the quilt really made my day!  This quilt is also an intersection of my past and present chapters - the maker is a long time credit union executive, whom I'd met only in passing but knew about from her excellent work in the industry.  What a treat to connect with this maker!