Client Quilt - Spring

This beauty is "Spring", a very cool improv piece from the creative hands of Kathleen Heslin.
This was the second of three of her quilts I quilted that hung at Quilt Canada's National Juried Show in Halifax (2023).
When I was taking my photos, I apparently did not have it in the correct orientation.  Oops!
The quilting is all ruler work.  I love the star shape in the blue that was echoed created by the yellow curves. This shape was stitched in the white background in a few places.
Some of the yellow curves were cross hatched, some received curves changing direction to move your eyes across the quilt.
I love the curved cross hatching in the stars.
There are a few areas of straight lines for variety and interest.
Lots and lots and lots of curved lines, weaving their way through the quilt.
The single blue piece is so very pretty.
I find it so interesting that what really stands out in the quilting, is what is unquilted - the space between the quilting lines.
Having a variety of lines and curves and changes in density in the quilting is what creates yummy texture for my eyes.
The quilt back had three curves that matched curves on the front.

The batting for this quilt was Quilters Dream 100% cotton for the base layer, and Quilters Dream 100% wool (white!! - which I can't get here in Canada) layered over the cotton.