Elle

This fun finish is a from a workshop with the Chatham Kent Quilters' Guild, with Jan, who is a member of the London Modern Quilt Guild that I currently chair.
The workshop is called "Crayola to Collage", taking an image from something with big, clean lines, like a colouring book, and creating a collage.
My design choice is this gorgeous elephant, who shall be named, Elle.
Elle has beautiful tropical flowers and leaves, pink tusks and orange toenails and lashes.  Elle makes me smile!!
Elle was quilted with straight lines, in varying widths.  I really like the visual impact of the randomly spaced lines.
Elle's backing is a digital map of the world, as elephants have been homed many places not their natural habitat.  I chose to face this quilt rather than bind, and there are little triangles in the corners to insert a dowel for hanging.
Elle was quilted with Hab 'n Dash Glide "Warm Grey" thread.  This is a beautiful chameleon thread, that looks brown on brown fabrics, and grey on grey fabrics.  I used Arctic's poly blend batting for this wall hanging.