Mini Skinny Sparks

 

This little gem is "Mini Skinny Sparks".
This is a recreation of my 2018 quilt, "Windswept Sparks", but mini!
The major change in this quilt is miniaturizing the "sparks", the inserted strips, to really skinny strips.  They are 1/4" wide or less.
The bold fabrics, like the original creation, are Shweshwe fabric, that beautiful, intense, saturated colourful fabric.
I love the capture of sunbeams on the quilt still on the frame.
I quilted arcs in the colourful triangles, and echoed the shapes created by the sparks in the black fabric.
This mini was created as part of our London Modern Quilt Guild Celebration Mini Swap.  We're celebrating being able to meet in person again after the pandemic.  The swap was between our own guild members.  My recipient loves colour, when I was given her name I knew exactly what fabric I would be using!  
The backing is a very colourful Henry Glass "Smashing Atoms - Bright".
This is the thread from Hab 'n Dash - it looks greener on my monitor than the deep aqua it is in real life.
I used Quilters Dream Black batting to keep the colour intense. The stitch count in this mini came out at 31, 696.