Comfort Quilts


I belong to two guilds - my "traditional" guild that I joined in the early 2000's and to a Modern guild.  I moved a few years ago but still keep my membership with my traditional guild - these quilters are amazing, inspiring and do a lot of community work.  These quilts go out to the local community where needed - with EMS for trauma victims, patients with serious illnesses, after house fires - wherever the need is identified.  Some go to ChildCan.  

In my annual budget, I include time to quilt some comfort quilts each year for this guild.  They provide the top, batting and back - I quilt it and send it back for someone else who enjoys binding, to finish it up.  Many loving hands are involved in making each of these beautiful quilts.

This one is a musical panel.  I have a fantastic digital design called "Musical" that I stitched out for this one.
I love the bold colour in this one.  The panel was sliced and strips were inserted to make the panel look like it floats, and borders were added.  A fantastic, simple, effective design.
I also love that they selected a bright red backing for this quilt!


The next one is a Disappearing 9 Patch, with a fantastic collection of prints all working together.
It's so interesting to me how these quilters manage to pull colours and prints together from a wide variety of donated fabrics to make a beautiful quilt.
The digital design for this one is "Spiral Square".



The third quilt in this bundle is a strippy, improv quilt.
Strips and half square triangles playing together nicely!  A fantastic gathering of interesting prints.

For this quilt I used a newly released digital designs from one of my favourite quilters - Jodi Robinson.  It's called "Tortoise Shell".
The backing for this one is a flannel, and it shows the fun quilting design really well.  Isn't it fantastic?!!  It made me so happy quilting this one. 
This is the quilt getting stitched on my big, beautiful Bernina Q24.  I used a Glide bright green thread for the top and a Superior Threads So Fine Lime in the bobbin.