Client Quilt - Guided Flight

 

This amazing quilt is "Guided Flight" - a new quilt design from 3rd Story Workshop by Andrea Tsang Jackson.  My friend Cinthia - Blue Trillium Quilter - created this quilt, pattern testing for Andrea.
When I first saw the quilt, I wondered if it was created with ombre fabrics but no, these are all Kona solids.  

For the quilting, I wanted to create three regions - the sky, the birds, and the water, and have lots of movement.  For the sky, "Harbor Wave" worked well.

For the birds, ruler work was used.  I alternated between straight lines and wavy lines, creating cross hatches here and there.

For the waves, simple wavy lines repeated with random repeats to give the impression of ripples and crashes and some whitecaps.

The backing is so amazing!  A fantastic blue with seagulls.

  At the bottom of the quilt, I stitched the digital design I created for this quilter, a trillium, a feature from her logo.

The thread selection was Hab 'n Dash Glide "Cloud".