Persian Llamas

This is "Persian"!  This is another Tamarinis pattern I pattern tested and it's available now!  Check out her shop or ask for it at your local quilt store.

 
This was one of the quilts I pieced at the cottage in August.  What an absolute dream come true to be able to soak up the joy and loveliness of the rocks and water, whispering pines and the call of the loons.  Chipmunks rustling in the leaves, squirrels chasing each other, deer grazing on the front lawn (and nibbling all of the hostas), the drum of woodpeckers and the occasional visit from "Fluffy", the porcupine.  
This design goes together really well - here is the top hanging from the deck rail, with my owl pin cushion keeping close watch :)
 
The fabric is a collection in greys and yellows, with llamas and leaves and geometrics.  My LQS The Marsh Store could only keep the llamas in stock for a short time - they just flew off the shelf!

In retrospect, I could have chosen a darker fabric for the yellow surrounding the black - this is actually a lovely shape and I would have liked it to show up a bit better.  Oh well.  The dark shapes remind me of wrapped candies.
Here is Tammy's version - in adorable kitten prints!  The fun shapes really sing in her colouration.
I absolutely adore the outer border! 
I quilted this with Hab 'n Dash Glide Light Grey thread.

The digital quilting design is "Pearly Weave".  A bit modern, with lots of beautiful movement and texture.

 The backing is Northcott's "Simply Neutral".