Client Quilt - Vintage Double Wedding Ring

I'm not quite sure where my client sourced this double wedding ring topper.  She is not (yet?!!) a quilter, has admired these and acquired one, and brought this to me to quilt.

There are so many fun bits of fabric in the rings.  Working right up close to the quilt, you get a completely different perspective than standing back to admire the whole quilt.  Standing back, it is a wonderful, traditional quilt full of beauty.
Working up close, I have few favourites ... like this sweet floral print with orange flowers and bits of teal - in one of he corner blocks and some of the arcs.
Or this retro-modern bit with orange zings ...
Or this brown with orange and green boxy shapes ...
Checks, dots, solids, pieced little bits, bitty florals, all working together.
For the quilting designs, each piece in the arc received a simple continuous curve (cc).  In the melons, a feathery frond.  In the stretched boxy shape in the background in the middle, a collection of four "lotus flower" feather designs.  For the cc's, I did use a curved ruler, and the rest is all freehand.
The fabric in the backgrounds (the melon shapes and the stretched boxy shape), some were muslin and some looked like feedsacks.  There was one with faint blue printing I saw when quilting.  

The top was machine pieced.  And had ... um ... issues.  In trying to tame those issues, I used two cans of starch to suck up excess fabric.  And still I had to take tucks and pleats.  (Yes the client is aware.)  In this photo, the arc pieces have been stitched and you can see the excess fabric in the melon background.
There were also missed seams in many of the intersections - some I found and fixed before quilting, some I didn't find until it was on the frame.
The little white tool in the photo above is a hera marker.  I used this to mark registration lines for the lotus flowers.
This is the back - oh, the texture!!  

It all works out in the end.  This is a beautiful quilt all ready for years of loving.

The batting in this quilt is Hobbs 80/20 Cotton/Wool blend.  The wool adds some loft which helped with the fullness.  The thread is Hab 'n Dash Glide "Linen".