Client Quilt: Fanfaire

This is "Fanfaire", a block of the month design by Krista Moser.  

A limited number of this BOM are still available at Stache Fabrics & Notions.  This was sewn by Karen (@krowell2019) and I got to "quilt as desired".  Oh my, what a treat!  Next week (May 20 - 25, 2019) you can see it at the Ailsa Craig Quilt Festival, hanging in Michealanne's booth (Stache Fabrics & Notions).  Stop by and say Hi to Michealanne!

Here is the full quilt ...
Here it is ready for its debut at the Ailsa Craig Quilt Festival 2019, with Michealanne of Stache Fabrics & Notions, and Karen who stitched the top ...
One the frame, I used my trusty Mystical Ditcher ruler from Quilters Apothecary, and one of The Quilted Pineapple's curved rulers for the curved crosshatching.  The yellow ruler in this photo is one I used to mark the registration lines to keep me on track with the quilting.
I use Sewline's Water Erasable Fine Point Roller Ball 'Styla' Fabric Marker.  These pens last a long time, and the ceramic top puts down a nice and thin line.  It spritzes away after quilting with just water, or water and baking soda (1 heaping tsp to 1 cup cold water - a recipe from the amazing Kelly Cline).
The "Terry Twist" continuous curves in the dark grey triangle / star points, are freehand.

Each of the colour block designs has two blocks, in different colours.  I matched the quilting of the pairs.
 I did fill in the pink areas with feathers after I took this photo.

The star inside the berry hexagon below is created with the same ruler as I used for the curved crosshatching.  Simple straight lines follow the half-hexies around that star.
 A wee stitched diamond in the inner pink diamond, and straight lines in the medium tone fabrics.

The feathers in the dark blue below match the ones I added to the gold/pink block above.  The arcs follow the pinwheels around the block.  A row of pearls surround echoed feathers.
I should have taken a 'before' photo of the centre of the solid white star - there are a lot of seams coming together here and the feathers + straight lines help keep all those seams under control.  A row of pearls in the greys and the white areas of the central star had to stay pristine.
Around to the lower bottom colour blocks, designs repeated.

The partial curved crosshatching alternated with the arcs in the hexies to add some wonderful texture.

The texture on the backing, a beautiful Northcott Neutral in Grey, is just yummy.
For this quilt I used Hobbs bleached 80/20, and the quilting is in Hab 'n Dash Glide Light Grey thread.  The quilt finishes around 70" x 81".  The pattern calls for the points to get trimmed off, but Michealanne is leaving the points on.  My Bernina Q24 counted about 197,500 stitches in this beauty.