Flying Confetti

I may have to admit that I am totally in love with these designs.  The blog hop for Teresa Mairal Barreu's new book, "Turnabout Patchwork" also introduced "Flying Confetti" and "Flying Rainbows".  Quite similar designs and oh, the possibilities!  

This one is "Flying Confetti".  In the book, it is a dark background and a single print for the triangles. This version is a light background (Moda Grunge Paper White) and a collection of nine lovely fat quarters.  

Michealanne from Stache Fabrics was also looking for class opportunities, so I am doing a workshop at Stache Fabrics & Notions April 27th. For the workshop, I'll be teaching a variety of methods to make HST's, and creating these modern quilts from the traditional Shoo-Fly block, using Teresa's methods.
Email, call or visit to sign up!


I find trimming up my HST's gives such good results that I just do it.  It is a wee bit tedious but totally worth it.  And you get a lovely pile of pretty trimmings.  I also really like the Bloc_Loc ruler for this task, and the wee rotary cutting mat.


On the design wall ...
Borders on ...

And onto the longarm frame ...


Binding on and ta-done!
 The back is a really lovely Northcott "Simply Neutral" grey...
The edge to edge design is Anne Bright's "Rapunzel"!