Modern Quilt Guild Mini Swap

I *love* the Modern Quilt Guild!  There are so many resources, fun and exciting happenings, things to participate in.  I signed up for the Spring 2019 Modern Mini Swap.  My swap partner is from Anacortes, WA.  This is what she made for me!!  Isn't it fabulous!

We had an opportunity to share likes and dislikes.  Her hints for me: 

  • pretty open to all color combos except black and red. 
  • love simple. 
  • really digging curves these days.  
  • and she is a librarian and likes listening to audiobooks while she sews.
I pulled these fabrics for her mini ...

And I tried a new technique - like my "Windswept Sparks" quilt (see it at Quilt Canada in Ottawa in June!!) I wanted to use the same "Magic 8 HST" method.  This time I inserted curves in the white background.  The insert fabric is a light teal text print.
These are the HST under construction ... 
Trimming ... I don't even mind this part because it creates such fun tidbits of colour and the finished HST's are perfect!

On the design wall
Onto the frame for quilting ...


And ta-done!  Bound with the text print ...
 Fashion shots ...
  



And the back - Windham's Spackle News Paper print!  Sporting a fancy label too.
The batting is a layer of Quilters Dream 100% wool on the bottom to add definition to the quilting, and Quilters Dream 100% cotton on the top to have the bright white - keep the colours crisp.

Thread for the quilting is Hab + Dash Glide White. 

The quilting designs are two of Karlee Porter's "Graffiti" digital designs  One in each quadrant, reversed for the opposite side.