Client Quilt - Mugs


I'm so excited to share this client quilt!  A quilt by one of my favourite friends, who just happens to be opening a quilt store in the 2019!  A quilter full of kindness, talent and personality.  

I was tickled to be asked to quilt this beauty for her.  It's such a sweet quilt.  You will see this hanging at The Marsh Store in Coldstream, in January!!

Each mug has its own bit of swank and elegance.  

The outer border received 1/2" straight lines with random bubbles following the fabric design with stars in circles.  This was the first time I used a slightly different technique in the outer border lines - going out and back over the same line, rather than travelling in the seam.  I'll use this technique again!  This was a tip from Jodi Robinson in her workshop I attended this fall.

The second border had snowflakes in it, so a funky snowflake was quilted in that space.  You can see that best from the back of the quilt.

Isn't this a fabulous back!!  And it was pieced with the most awesome flat-felled seam I've ever seen.  Thank you Tracy's Mom!

Tracy had some fun big-stitch accents representing the steam - love it!

The inner border and sashings received double lines, which really helps frame each mug.  Love the corners!! 


This one is my favourite - love those HST pinwheels, and the ribbons of steam.




 This one is from when it was still on the frame.

For this wall hanging, we used Hobbs 80/20 bleached cotton batting, and Hab 'n Dash Glide thread in white, top and bobbin.  Bernina stitch count, 108,544.

And this happened ... my Bernina's ruler foot was quilted to death!  I had another on hand as I'd noticed the sides wearing from all the ruler work I so love to do.  A life well lived, and the next one is working nicely.  I was really lucky that I managed to not break any needles or have any issues with the actual quilt when it broke.