|Cora Common Owl Collage by Laura Heine|
In one of the online forums I participate in, there is some posting going on for personal challenges for 2018. Here is my quilty challenge list!
- Doodle every day.
- Dive deeper into Art & Stitch (the digitizing software that comes with Bernina's QMatic - robotic stitching device).
- Dive deeper into Qmatic's more complex features - so far, have done only digital pantos. Hoping to be able to take a workshop from Bernina.
- Sort and de-stash - either make something out of, or donate, fabrics that are still in boxes that haven't been opened since we moved 3 years ago and more years before that.
- Modern piecing - work through Rebecca Bryan's "Modern Triangle Quilts" book.
- Modern quilting - create one Modern Quilt Guild block of the month, and one Modern Quilt Guild quilt of the month. I really like November's "Defrag".
|Modern Quilt Guild Quilt of the Month - "Defrag"|
- Mini swaps - there are 2 modern mini swaps I'm participating in this year - looking forward to playing with design and colour on smaller quilts!
- Vintage - have been finding some great vintage pieces (hankies, serviettes, runners) to explore quilting vintage linens.
- Creating on the longarm - strip quilts and applique quilt. I have Laura Heine's "Cora Owl" collage pattern - am thinking this is a good candidate for creating on the longarm. My friend Michealanne carries this pattern in her shop - find it here.
- Create detailed quilting plans for some of the personal quilt tops patiently waiting their turn at my frame - my silk blazing stars and two transparency quilts are at the top of this list! Seriously, why do I seem to only do multiples of anything?
These are my 'quilty' challenges. Working with Don on what our exploring backroads adventure for 2018 will look like!
Do you have a "Challenge" list for 2018?