Modern Streak

Funday Sunday Sewing :)

Lots of fun with this quilt top!  

One of the London Modern Quilt Guild's sponsors is Mad About Patchwork, and our Sheilagh curated a FQ collection just for our guild.  Here is a snippet of that collection ...

And a bit ago, Hyggeligt Fabrics had Cheryl Arkison in to do workshops and a trunk show for the LMQG.  She did a workshop on Values, and another on Improv Piecing.  And now, Cheryl has a fabric collection she designed - "Tag", for sale at Connecting Threads.


One of the LMQG lending library books is "Go Big Go Bold" and the inspiration for my quilt top came from this book.  The "Harlequin" design in the book uses triangles but I used the Half Rectangle Triangle (HRT) technique.  My finished rectangles were 7.25" x 16", the top is approx 56" x 77".

I am delighted at how this came together, bring all kinds of modern together.

PS:  next time I will reverse the angle or reverse the light/dark positions when making the HRT ... and then I will be able to put together a 'Harlequin'.  Sheesh.  I will also work at getting the blocks to the design wall earlier in the process.  Ah well, I like the diagonal streak, will be fun to play with the quilting.