|Block 110 Wood Lily|
The last block! This 6 1/2" beauty has 57 pieces.
Blocks in the final push ...
|Block 85 - Square Dance - a nice focus square!|
|Block 92 - Strawberry Basket. |
This one is one of the unintentional duplicates.
I found it hilarious that the first one also had the same yellow and red fabrics :)
|Block 94 - Tall Pine|
|Block 95 - Temperance Tree|
Those are 1" finished HST's
|Block 100 Weathervane|
|Block 102 Whirlpool|
|Block 105 Wild Goose Chase|
|Block 108 Windmill|
- 111 blocks (actually 113 but 2 were unintentional duplicates)
- 2,693 pieces
- Jan 7 2016 (Block 48, Homeward Bound, 14 pieces, Phoenix AZ) through Apr 4 2017 (Block 110, Wood Lily, 57 pieces, London ON)
- 6 1/2" blocks
- Block 38 has the most pieces (64 including 28 HST's)
- Participated in a Yahoo Group throughout, which tracked a block each week and had lots of support
- paper piecing
- paper piecing with inset y-seams (this is ridiculously difficult)
- regular piecing
- Half-square triangles methods
- 2 squares, mark on the diagonal, sew 1/4" on either side, slice and trim
- tube strips - sew both top and bottom seams, cut triangles, press open, trim
- magic 8
- flying geese
- quarter square triangles
- strip piecing
Next up is the sashing and setting, borders, quilting and binding.