LMQG Mini

The London Modern Quilt Guild is working on a group quilt celebrating Canada's 150th birthday. We are to create a mini quilt that will be put together with other members' quilts to make one nice big display.  

Here is my quiltlet ...


Mini Quilt
"Hudson's Bay Loon at the Lake"
12" x 24"

Does this remind you of the iconic Hudson's Bay blankets?  I quilted a loon swimming at the lake (digitized design from Intelligent Quilting, designed by Apricot Moon) with golden Glide thread. Single layer of warm and natural.  

As I was putting the binding on, with the matching background fabric (Moda Grunge, snow white I think), what my very strange mind went to, was how this fabric so beautifully reflects my local society - mostly various shades of white, with strokes of a whole bunch of different colours, to give the fabric a depth and beauty that the stark white simply could not achieve on its own.