Interstate all the way, mostly 80 mph. Sturgis SD to Albert Lea MN
- SD Badlands are awesome, quite a bit look a bit greener than I recall from other trips
- Skunks, deer, porcupine, hawks, raccoons all had bad days on the interstate
- No guard donkeys spotted amongst all the herds of angus
- Milo, sorghum, sunflowers in SD
- Quite a few of the cornfields in SD look as if they've had hail damage - shredded leaves
- A trailer full of drainage tile! Back in the land of corn and soybean fields in MN
- Wind turbines in MN - a few on trucks headed for their destination; a production plant; fields of turbines fully operational harnassing this windy day
- Fav licence plate spotted today: IOAA
- What appears to be a motorcycle trailer hauled behind a pickup - trailer has "Bio Hazard" decals. Bio Hazard or trying to keep out the curious?
- Two cornfields sported flags - thought they might be the brand of the seed they used. Nope, TRUMP flags.
- A lot of I90 in SD is cement, and they're working on some sections, replacing with more cement. And a lot of it is washboardy.
- Fought cross-winds all. day. long. Gusts, followed by steady blasts. All. Day. Long. Did I mention we were on I90, @80 mph? In gusty crosswinds? On washboardy cement.
|Long vistas of South Dakota|