Friday, January 29, 2016

Project 48 Block 4

Block 4 of Project 48's quilt-along was announced today!  This block was designed by Chrissy Lux

As I'm in the midst of the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt and using freezer paper piecing for that, I decided to try my hand at drafting this block for paper piecing.

A terrific learning experience!




I do like the freezer paper PP method as there is no ripping of bits of paper off (where I usually end up also popping stitches, even though I have shortened my stitch length to itty bitty).  And no pinning - iron your piece of fabric onto the waxy side of the paper.  The fabric stays put, with no potential bloodletting :)

And the visual of the block was maintained from the designer's suggestion.

Here is a link to a tutorial for freezer paper foundation piecing.  Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to freezer paper method. I may try that as I don't like the other way at all
    Love your little blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Cut Up New House Celebration

Cut Up At the "Pieces of Magic" Quilt Show held by the Oxford Quilters' Guild this May, Sew Sisters' booth had a beaut...