|Cheryl at the LMQG trunk show - with her Improv Sewing Machines quilt|
|Cheryl's Meadow Flowers|
|Cheryl's Equalizer quilt|
Here is where we learned to take colour out of the equation when pairing fabrics. We cut squares, sorted into piles of light, medium or dark values. I had pretty much just light and dark.
Things I learned today ...
- Cheryl is a terrific teacher - her emphasis is on process and play
- when sewing the HST's start the first seam on the right side of your line - this got me more consistent results than I've had!
- the importance of squaring up - I'm already a huge believer in this one :)
- how to press HST's without stretching all that bias
- how to take your blocks from the design wall to the sewing machine and keep everything in the right order! All at once – in the right orientation!
#cherylarkison #values #quilting #bliss