Happy BIts #40

Wow.  Friday was my last day with the company I've worked at for more than 15 years.  Yesterday was the first page of my next chapter.  And it was *fabulous*.  Silly little things that just made me happy.

  • slept in without feeling guilty
  • figured out that I don't have to go grocery shopping until Monday ... don't have to fight with the crowds!
  • cabin cleanup with joy - one of the favourite things in my new house is cleaning the master shower - it is a fabulous spa ensuite.  I fill a bucket with hot water, vinegar, a shot of dish soap and a shot of dishwasher rinse agent.  Pop into the shower with a long handled sponge thing and swab all the surfaces with the magic potion, let it sit while I shower.  Swab everything with fresh hot water, then squeegee the glass.  It's so satisfying, and the sunshine was streaming in, giving me a shot of happiness :)





  • March Madness is all about curling, right?  With the Olympics it has been extra fun. This week there is "The National" championship - yesterday we got to watch the curling legends and giants - Team Howard vs Team Martin.  F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S!  Today, it's Team Howard vs Team Gushue.  Expect more spectacular curling!  And this weekend the Women's World Curling championship at The Ford's started - Team Homan is a delight to watch.


    • Glenn Howard lines up a shot during Syncrude National play (Photo Credit: Anil Mungal).
      http://www.sportsnet.ca/curling/howard-cruises-into-gsoc-national-semifinals/
      • Friday was "Pi Day" {3/14} - always a fun collection of images - my fav this year ...

      • This graphic went straight to my heart - it is one of my core values - to question everything, to look for new knowledge every day.  To be a lifelong learner.  AND this is an initiative to promote learning in different chunks so you can dive deeply or skim ... http://www.worldscienceu.com/  WOW.




      • Yesterday was Worldwide Quilting Day.  Power has been delivered to my quilting corner so I am able to do some sewing - YAY YAY YAY!  This is the project I'm working on ... in harvest colours of course.  I had started on it last summer, before we packed up, and I unearthed the box with this project and got to dig back into it.  So I got to QUILT and watch world class curling.  My heart is singing!

      http://www.modabakeshop.com/2012/10/simply-woven-quilt.html
      This made me laugh and laugh!

      Yes, mine is totally broken!  Not sure it ever worked!

      Totally true ...