Happy Bits #1

Happy Bits #1


I do not know where this idea really originated, but it showed up on my Facebook feed and I love it!  Like the 'Best Things' daily practice - finding daily bits of happiness, memories, beauty and laughter.

Today ... New Year's Day 2014 ... started out with a power outage first thing in the morning.  Between about 6 am and 9:30 am, no power.  No biggie - being in town - we have *water*!! And it's a holiday so we can stay snuggled under the covers.  The voices in my head wanted to know: "is it harder to fix overhead wires or troubleshoot buried cables?".  The Hydro One App did show the outage in our area, with an ETA, so we knew they were on it. Grateful for the crews who came out in the snowy cold and got our power back on!

Today ... undecorated the Christmas tree, repacked the bling in boxes and found a bunch more decorations I couldn't find when we were decorating.  Now better organized so hopefully will find them next year! Lots of wonderful memories from past celebrations in these decorations!

Today ... used an actual recipe for French Onion Soup (http://www.closetcooking.com/2010/10/french-onion-soup.html) and did the carmelizing of onions.  WOW - fabulous, rich goodness.  Absolutely worth the time and effort!  

Today ... got to listen to The Tenors singing the Canadian national anthem at the Winter Classic (outdoor hockey game in Ann Arbor MI between the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Detroit Red Wings). http://youtu.be/eGPc3E7W7oM  F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S!  Had the good fortune to hear these fellas perform last December and they are amazing.  

I have 3 games of Scrabble going on FB - scored a bingo today!

Today ... my favourite husband made me feel cherished.  This is not unusual, but I'd like to get better at letting him know :)