Guild Day - what fun!

What a terrific day!  Today is the regular monthly general meeting for the Chatham Kent Quilters Guild, and I was also signed up for this month's workshop.  So it was a vacation day from work, quilting all day - wohoo!

The workshop was teaching 'No Tear Paper Piecing' - I really enjoy this technique - can see doing this!  Not having to pick out itsy bits of paper from seams, stretching seams pulling out paper - a really nice improvement!

After the workshop, back to the office - we hosted the 'Business After Hours'.  Excellent appetizers by "Friends".  Had some really good conversations catching up with good friends I haven't seen for a while.

Back to the Guild for the evening meeting - program was more 'Improve on Skills' - on Electric Quilt 7.  I brought in two tops I had done - "Blazing Stars" - using fabric from Sitting Pretty in Ridgetown, I was able to download the actual fabric swatches from the manufacturer website and import them into EQ7, to play with the colourations and see which ones I liked best, before making any cuts!

There was a bake sale on - picked up some brownies for my better half, and some pickled beets for me!

And I don't know how exactly it happened - three fat quarter bundles just jumped into my hands, singing softly to me - Hoffman's Quest for the Cure pink/grey combo.  Three!  OK, all the ones left on the table.  Another 3.75 yards IN.

Here's a photo of the block I finished up in the workshop ... from one the groups of fabrics from the weekend excursion.  Isn't it pretty!!!