Biscotti MQG Mini Swap Quilt

This is the quilt I created for the Modern Quilt Guild Mini Swap for 2022. My partner is from Italy and I totally enjoyed this swap! We traded preference and style information and I explored the "Biscotti" method for this project. This is a process of @justanotherautsticguy that I was happy to learn last fall.

This creation is intended as a very abstract flowery representation with saturated colour. I used a double batt for this to create quilting stitch definition - a base layer of @quiltersdream 70/30 for stability, with wool over top. I love this combination!
Thank you @thecultofquilt and and swap fairy @textile_nerd for your kindness during this mini swap experience!
My mini arrived way before this made its way across the world to its destination. We had an "opening together" Insta party that was great fun.
I also want to acknowledge my appreciate to Paola for her mastery of multiple languages - I didn't have to work at all to translate.

Lots of intersecting swoops and curves and a few straight lines were quilted on the longarm.

The back is an explosion of colour as well. I faced the quilt and added triangle corners to help with hanging.
The #glidethread "Lava" is one of my (many!) favourites, and worked perfectly on this quilt.