Client Quilt - One Ways

 This is a really fun client quilt from @blue_trillium_quilter.  She has created this quilt from the @makemodernmagazine edition #41, from the pattern, "One Ways" by Heather Black (@quiltachusetts).
I love how she has put these fabrics together!  Beautiful neutrals with punchy focus fabrics result in a really awesome quilt finish.
For the digital quilting design, we used "Chevrons narrow and wide" from @karleeporterdesign - a very fun take on the "One Way" theme of the quilt.  We alternated directions of the chevrons.  I especially love how this design looks on that grey fabric with coral dots.  The interest in the design from the varying widths between the chevrons, just makes me smile!
The digital design was sized for each row, as the rows are different widths.  Love the power of this with digital quilting!  

Do you know how stretchy fabric is?  Even on a quilt frame, it still moves.  Even perfectly pieced (as every quilt top I've worked on from @blue_trillium_quilter is), it just moves.  To manage this, I stitched down the seam of each row, and sized the digital design so it left a bit of a margin (unsewn space) at each edge.  Each row direction for the chevrons was reversed from the last. I am so happy with how this turned out!
I really like the way the chevrons look above, going opposite to the flying geese blocks.
But I am totally in love with how the chevrons look going the same direction as the flying geese!!  So many flying geese!
The backing for this one is so very cool!

Here is Karlee's digital design image - it is intended for borders, and I love how it worked in this quilt!  This quilt is 50" x 60", and needed just under 75,000 stitches from my Bernina Q24 QMatic.  We used a Light Grey Glide thread from Hab 'n Dash.