Speed Date with Improv

This is my "Speed Date with Improv" finish!  Our London Modern Quilt Guild hosted a workshop with Krista Hennebury - PoppyPrint.  It was a fun, energizing, interesting, inspiring class!  Krista is a fantastic educator.
 The workshop was designed to have you finish a wall hanging.  You only needed 4 FQ's, so not a huge commitment in fabric to try out a new technique. All of the blue in this piece is from one FQ.  Little bits here and there goes a long way!
I do like bigger quilts, so I upsized this to a lap quilt.  I love the little zings in the "borders".

I love the assymetry, the flow, the freedom of this finish.  
This is the backing I used - a digital Hoffman print that I just love!  It is so pretty and happy.

The digital quilting design is "Modern Maze 2".  Swirls and ribbon candy, curves and flow.

Hab 'n Dash Glide "Marine" was a really good match to the blue in the quilt, and to bits in the backing.  Quilters Dream 100% Poly Black batting intensified the depth of the colours.  My Bernina Q24 Qmatic recorded 95,164 stitches.