Where My Heart Is - Pattern Test for Tamarinis

This is a result of pattern testing for Tammy Silvers - Tamarinis.  She has a new pattern coming out called "Where My Heart Is".  Her design uses a panel for the centre and very creative blocks to frame the panel.  She provides options for three different sizes. Here are her pattern sample photos:
Throw size

Lap size
Wall Hanging size
To test the pattern properly, I created my version as the pattern was written ... the panel is sideways.  It's a beautiful "Birds in Birch Trees" panel.
 After completing the pattern testing, I removed the top and bottom row of square in a square blocks, turned the quilt and refit those rows to the top and bottom, and added a leafy border all around.
It was a perfect autumn day to take this out to the back yard to play with it's natural colours amongst our fallen maple leaves!


The angle of the sun shows the quilting design pretty well - "Touch of Fall" by Anne Bright Designs.


For the back, I picked Robert Kaufmann's Paris Blue Architextures.  And I did the "Susie's Magic Binding" technique.  See a tutorial here!

The thread:  Hab 'n Dash (of course!) Glide "Buttermilk"
The batting:  Hobbs 80% cotton 20% wool blend.  

This quilt makes me giddy - the colour, a fun zing of blue among the autumn glory, the text in the backing, an inspired design for using a panel, pattern testing, and that it's finished!