Client Quilt - Neon Dream Big


This is Hoffman's "Dream Big" in Neon.  For a shop sample for a local quilt store, I had an absolute blast quilting this!  


I have a few of these panels that I've purchased, and I've been collecting photo samples of how others have quilted them.  So when Tracy from The Marsh Store asked if I would quilt this sample for her, I was ready to jump into it!  

One of the portions of this that I had a hard time visualizing how to do was the centre - in the end I decided on a feather swirl surrounded by petals.  And I got to use my favourite colour in that area - Chartreuse!
Each petal added texture.  And some text in the outer shadows.  Live ...
Learn ...
Laugh ...

 Love ...


Stonehenge backing ...

All the thread ... and lots of rulers!  Some of my favourite Quilters Apothecary rulers, Angela Walters rulers, HandiQuilter Rulers, Quilted Pineapple rulers.


And I hit a ruler only once, chipped a corner off :(  Have to have complete focus 100% of the time when you're using a ruler.  Glancing up to see if that noise is my phone, that is not a good idea.

Batting - I layered a base of Quilters Dream 70/30 (which is thin but very sturdy) then a layer of Quilters Dream 100% wool for its awesome dimension.