Dogwood Blossom quilt for my mom & dad

I've been working on this quilt for a long time - had the top done in the spring but it had to wait for me to get a little more practice on my long-arm. 

This design is from Fabric Trends (Spring 2009), by Cate Tallman-Evans. The moment I saw the magazine article, I knew I had to do this one for mom! She has always loved dogwoods - she has one in her back yard, and I have both a white and pink in my yard.

Fabric is Henry Glass (it feels so wonderful!). Quilt is 88" x 88". 

Quilted on my Pfaff 18.8 using both Qbot designs - a design set by One Song Needle Arts - Donna Kleinke (dogwood border, block and cardinal); and freehand - loopy block and border leaves.

My photo helper in this afternoon's sunshine is Sparky :)

Dogwood Blossoms for Mom & Dad - laid out on the lawn,
with quilt inspector - Sparky
Better view of the blocks and border

Corner
Quilting from the back - the two blocks
and the leaves in the red sashing

Border detail - Cardinal surrounded by dogwoods